Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I made a stereo pinhole camera



Today Kristen helped me make a stereo pinhole camera from a kit I bought in Japan in 2009. I can't wait to use it (although I will have to wait - the weather today is not nice). Slideshow above of the work in progress, featuring a special appearance by our cat Cooper.

The camera has two settings, either panorama, which will expose one shot across two full 35 mm frames via the central lens, or stereo, which exposes two shots at the same time side by side using the two lenses on the left and right. When you view the resulting prints with the stereo viewer (which you also build from the kit) they are sort of 3D. Hehe. So cute.

It's definitely the sturdiest pinhole camera in my collection now because it is made from plastic. It also has a more stable and clever shutter release. I am hopeful this will take really great shots!

I'll post as soon as I have something to show.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Love the idea of 3D photos. Or is that just geeky?