Monday, August 16, 2010

NO NO = Yes

Chateau Yering

(photo by me from a recent trip to the Yarra Valley)

Somehow three weeks have gone by and I haven't posted a blog update! I have been busy working, working, working, and moving house!

I had some fantastic news a few weeks ago. My current work, Souvenir, has been selected for solo exhibition at curator-run art space NO NO Gallery in North Melbourne! I will be exhibiting from 11 to 27 November. I am busy completing the series with new work, contacting framing companies and doing test prints.

And more great news, Souvenir has also been selected for exhibition next year at the Queensland Centre for Photography in Brisbane (my home town!). This is really exciting for me, as I was awarded a graduate prize by the QCP back in 2005, and have wanted to work with them ever since but I moved away from Brisbane pretty much straight out of university, so haven't had an opportunity.

Also, just wanted to mention that I contributed a little photo-essay that I took with the canon demi half frame camera to Verity La, which is a new Australian online journal. Thank you to Nigel from Verity La for so kindly inviting me to contribute!

No comments: