Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Home safe

Hello, I am home from my West Coast USA holiday! I had the most awesome time. We met so many amazing people who very warmly did lovely things like offer us beds in their houses, took us driving through gorges to see waterfalls and wrote lists of galleries we should see. I don't think the trip would have been nearly as good without the kindness of all these people. 

I've been posting photos on my flickr page, and there are still more to come when I get a chance. Surprisingly, I am glad to be home. I think being on the go for a month gets quite challenging after a while, especially when you are a homebody like me. I have a few blog posts planned in the coming weeks with links to some of my favourite Portland cafes, shops and things to do. I seriously ate my way around the West Coast so I have a lot of food love to share.

I am going to be quite busy back in Melbourne this month as I have been selected to have a stall at  Craft Hatch in July. Craft Hatch is an incubator market organised by Craft Victoria, of whom I have been a big fan since I moved here in 2006. I found out I have a market stall a few weeks ago and have been thinking about all the different fun things I could make for my stand. I am planning all kinds of new things! I will post more information closer to the date in July.

I also will be having an online market stall this month at Poppytalk Handmade, which will be live next week. I'll definitely post a link to that too! I have been reading the Poppytalk blog for years and years so I am thrilled to be selected for a spot on their marketplace!

Ok, feeling a little jetlagged so signing off. Have a great week!

No comments: