Monday, July 13, 2009

west brunswick






















































I went for a walk this afternoon with my Holgaroid and my Polaroid SX70. I mostly went out to get away from my cat who must have missed me on the weekend because he spent the entire morning trying to sit right on my chest so I couldn't get any work done. I also thought it might be nice to have a look at the local back streets, since I am fairly new to West Brunswick.

I discovered there are some amazing houses around here. There are quite a few 1920s california bungalows and some art deco rounded-front brick homes. I saw some pretty fantastic gardens too. Funny trimmed hedges, ramshackle english style cottage gardens, vines, japanese cherry blossoms.

I took about a pack of shots on the SX70, and posted a few on my flickr. I also took some Holgaroids but something bad has obviously happened since I loaded the film a few months ago, because they all turned out with light leaks along the bottom right. This is a valuable lesson in why you should shoot a whole roll while it's fresh! So annoying!

No comments: