Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Home shoot & NAVA news




Photos of some of my artworks around the house. I thought it was about time I took some product shots since I actually have the works framed for the Craft Hatch market at State Library of Victoria next month. The first Craft Hatch was a lot of fun, and it was a thrill to make some sales to some lovely women (yes all women!). I'm hoping to raise some much needed funds at the October market to cover some of my costs of printing and framing my work for the exhibition in November! I put every dollar I make from art sales back into art costs, in case anyone was wondering.

I recently joined the National Association for Visual Arts (NAVA), figuring it's about time to support the industry that supports artists. NAVA advocate for the arts to the Australian government, prepare reports on the state of the arts in Australia and also administrate a few grants for artists. (Among many other things!). I am quite chuffed that NAVA selected me and my newly created artist gallery on their website to be the featured artist this fortnight. Have a look! 

Here's a little screenshot for posterity:





I'm going to spend the rest of today working on a new embroidery! Happy Tuesday!

No comments: