Thursday, July 15, 2010

Handstitched Mountains

Thank you to everyone who came to my table at Craft Hatch last weekend. I had a really fun time, and was thrilled that so many people who came were interested in stopping and having a chat about my work. As my first market experience, it was definitely a positive one. I have some photos of my table which I will post soon.

I want to share the project I was working so busily on leading up to the market. I spent most days and nights in June hand embroidering mountains! I based these on mountain peaks I drew; some real, some imagined. I kept the shapes and patterns abstract. I really like them and was pleased that others at the market seemed to as well.

What do you think?

Handstitched mountain

Handstitched mountain

Handstitched mountain

Handstitched mountain

Handstitched mountain

Handstitched mountain


All embroideries approximately 13 x 13 cm.

No comments: